Personal branding strategies, oh boy.
This world loves people, who love themselves.
Clap for yourself.
You are reading this blog because “You want to build a personal brand for yourself”, Let me tell you one thing.
Very soon, you will be proud of this choice.
Remember one thing,
Everything that you are seeing around was first conceived in the human brain, and then executed and created.
All the very best, here we are going to tell you 3 easy personal branding strategies to do in 2020.
Hope this blog helps you.
What is a personal brand?
A personal brand is all about an individual, standing out in the loud noise of marketing trials.
A personal brand is all about creating an individuals authority in the industry and positioning him/her as an expert, establishing them as a credible person to look out for result, and making sure he/she is remembered as a solution provider for the specific problem.
An individual becomes a personal brand when he/she;
- Is reliable.
- Is consistent in providing beneficial results.
- Wins the trust of his/her target market.
You become a personal brand when you are deep-rooted in the minds of your audience when they associate with you.
Who can create a personal brand?
There is no strict rule to it;
You can be anyone and can create a personal brand for yourself. All that you need to do is, be a;
- A storyteller.
Now, as far as profession is concerned;
- You can be a photographer and can create a personal brand and teach people photography.
- You can be a dancer and can influence people to take up dancing by telling them the benefits that you got out of it.
- You can be a poet and create your tribe.
- You can be a social media influencer and tell people about it, and help them grow.
- You can be a Digital marketing agency owner and tell people about your achievement and help others to achieve what you have achieved.
You can be anyone and can create a personal brand just follow the following Personal branding strategies.
What is the most important thing to become a personal brand?
The most important thing to become a personal brand is you so – Know yourself. First.
Wait, first of all, tell me this?
What inspired you to create a personal brand?
- Are you fascinated by some one’s lifestyle?
- Are you fascinated by some one’s following/audience?
- Do you love someone’s work?
Look, creating/maintaining the aura of a personal brand is not an easy journey.
So, go on this only if;
- You love what you do.
- You are committed towards it.
- You can be consistent in the process.
Anyways I have a few questions for you;
- Who are you?
- What’s your achievement to date?
- Whats defines you best?
- What value you can add to your audience life?
- What makes you different from the existing service provide?
You need to know yourself, because;
- You being you matters to your audience.
- When you will communicate it will be all about you?
- Your story does not matter how good it looks but it matters only when it connects to your audience.
- It will be about your strength, that changes/solve other issues.
- It will be your focus that will keep you motivated in bad days.
- Your genuineness about solving issues will impress your audience.
- Your awareness about your weakness will help you learn and upskill yourself.
My friend, know yourself first.
Know your “Why” first.
You can do a few things to know it better.
- What is that one thing that you believe that you can do all your life?
- If your choice does not make you money, will you still do it?
- Is it worth making a niche?
- Who are the top 5 players in your selected field?
- What is their brand personality?
- Who inspires you the most.
- How much do you rate yourself on these personality traits?
- Do your SWOT analysis.
Spend some good time on this, do it.
If you can “Know yourself” and find your “Why” then you are half you through to your goal.
How can you become a personal brand?
For us, its a ridiculously 3 step easy process.
- Find your niche.
- Create your communication channel.
- Market yourself.
It does not matter who you are, you just need to do these 3 things to become a personal brand.
1. Find your niche.
This is the most important thing to do. Spend your time over it. You need to focus on the following things to choose the niche;
- Expertise: Does not matter what your age is, you must have something in you where you believe that you are untouchable. Something in which you differentiate yourself with the competition. Something, which comes naturally to you. Something which you have learnt in due course of time. Try and create a niche around that. See how you can use your expertise to help you make you a personal brand.
- Passion: If you have a passion, and if you love spending time over it. Whoaaa. Believe, me you have a great scope of being a personal brand. All that you need to do is to start weaving a story around your passion and your journey begins. You can create a micro-niche around your passion and yet create an audience base and make money.
- Present & Future Trend: See if you are able to find a niche which is trending right now, nothing like this or else do one thing. Create a micro-niche and start working on it. Find your people, who would like to be a part of your tribe. The count can be small in beginning but do not worry. Keep working and cross-promoting. Things will get better in future. Sometimes starting small makes more sense than failing in trying something big.
- Competitive analysis: Now, when you have chosen a niche to work upon, please do a very deep competitive analysis. See the following;
=> How many people are already operating in it?
=> What kind of content they are creating?
=> How is their engagement track?
=> Are you able to find any scope of improvement?
=> Will you have a space in the present clutter?
- Income scope: If a niche is not going to be profitable for you in the long run, then there is no point in working on it. So, be very much smart in choosing it.
2. Content Marketing Strategy.
It’s great that you have finalised your niche.
Now, let’s focus on content strategy.
As a content marketing agency, we can tell you one thing.
Your content is going to decide the fate of your personal brand journey.
If your target market connects with your content than you win the race or else doomed.
What types of content can be created;
- Social media posts.
Do this to stay connected with your target market;
- Create content around trending topics.
- Stay relevant.
- Your content should add value to the life of your target market.
- Put content that can be easily shared on social media platforms.
- Your target market should feel proud of associating with your content.
This will help you to create a winning content marketing strategy;
- Do a competitive analysis.
- See whats working for your competition.
- Analyse the competitors content that the users are engaging with.
- Understand the personality traits of your target market.
- Try and understand the social media mind mapping of your target market.
3. Create your communication channel.
You have decided your niche, and have designed your content marketing strategy.
You need to choose the marketing platforms that can help you reach to your target audience.
You can use the following;
A personal website: A personal website is a must, you need to create a website which;
- Tells people about you.
- Creates credibility about your expertise.
- Talks about your achievements.
- Lists your products.
- Shows the promotional offer that you have for your target market.
- Shows social proof.
- Connects your target market audience with you.
A personal website acts as a final destination, a meeting point between you and your audience.
Blog: Blog is very much helpful, it allows you to show your expertise in depth. It helps in;
- Creating your authority towards the keywords that help you to reach to your target audience.
- Write blogs on what’s trending.
- Be you, write what you believe in.
- If you can be consistent then you can win the game.
- Make sure that your readers communicate with you.
- Your blog site should be easily accessible and load time should be very less.
Vlog: Put micro-videos on youtube, Instagram, TikTok, and other video stream sites and apps. Vlogging is getting a lot of thumbs up as it gives your user an opportunity to look at you, listen to you, observe you, see how you behave, and all. You can use this medium to stay connected with them.
Facebook: Facebook is the most used social media platforms in the globe. Let me give you some statistics about Facebook – ;
- It is worlds 3rd most visited website.
- Facebook has a monthly active userbase of 2.4B.
- 71% of American adults use Facebook.
- 74% of the high-income group of US uses Facebook.
- 74% of Facebook users logins on a daily basis.
Now, what matters is how you can use Facebook to boost your personal branding journey.
- Create a personal page: Use this page to share your day to day content, and increase reach.
- Create a close group: Use this group to stay in touch with the paid users, you can take up their queries and solve their issues here.
- Create a free community group: Let everyone connect with you over here. Let your community have a discussion over the topic you deal with.
- Connect with relevant groups: You can connect with the most relevant groups in your category and add value and increase your community size.
- Do paid ads: You can use paid ads on Facebook and target the right set of people and direct them to your website.
Instagram: Instagram is one of the best marketing tools to grow your base and make sure that you grow as a personal brand, all that you need to do is;
- Create an Instagram account;
- Cross-promote your content.
- Be a storyteller.
- Post images with a proper caption.
- Use hashtags.
Quora: Quora today has over 40 million active monthly users, 15% of which comes from India. This is how you can use quora to build a personal brand;
- Create a real account.
- Put your expertise in description with a link to your website.
- Start following things that very well connect with your expertise.
- Answer at least 3 to 4 questions a day.
- Write in-depth answers.
- Try and answer questions which are followed by maximum people.
- Answer questions which were recently viewed.
- Use paid ads on quora to increase your reach.
- Stay consistent.
Linkedin: Linkedin is getting better and bigger. So, do stay here. Post things wisely. Up your content game here. Intellects want to read stuff that matters to them and can help them grow. This can work for anyone. Just stay wise.
Podcast: Podcast is relatively new in the game but is getting bigger. It still has time to mature, but you can focus on it and make it work in your favour. Just play smart. Maybe you can do this;
- Plan your content well in advance.
- Create audios that help people solve their issues.
- Be wise in collaborations.
- Go regional – regional languages are going to be next big thing.
Tiktok: Make videos on TikTok. Most of the video is very well under 15 secs. So it will not take much time for you to do it. What matters here is staying consistent and doing what you love the most. Tiktok is in high demand right now, so it can make you win the game in the long run.
You can also see the journey of Neil Patel and read his blog on personal branding. Neil is just amazing.
All that you need to do is to create a very well structured personal branding strategies about what you want to do and how you want to do. Give some time in planning before executing the plan. Use the right mix of organic and paid ads strategy to reach to more and more people.
Believe me its all about a well-planned strategy backed by timely assessment.
Go, create something big for you.